As a Christian who celebrates the Jewish feasts and enjoys learning about the Jewish roots of Christianity, I was more than happy to review the Complete Jewish Study Bible.
The Complete Jewish Study Bible offers a number of helpful articles and notes to aid the reader in understanding the Jewish context for the Scriptures, both in the Tanakh (the Old Testament) and the B’rit Hadashah (the New Testament).
Key Features include:
- Bible book introductions, written from a Jewish perspective
- Bottom-of-page notes to help readers understand the deeper meanings behind the Jewish text
- Sabbath and Holy Day Scripture readings
- Original Hebrew names for people, places, and concepts
- 37 topical articles such as the menorah, repentance and the “Sermon on the Mount.”
- Twelve theme articles, including Jewish Customs, the Names of God, Shabbat, and the Torah, that run throughout the Bible. 117 articles in all.
- Glossary of Hebrew words (with pronunciation)
- Study notes, geographic maps and much more!
This is a beautiful Bible. The “twelve themes” are different colors so you know which theme is being presented. The introduction gives and explanation and an outline at the beginning of each book. I love the way it expounds on the text so you understand the original, Jewish, meaning of what is written in scripture. Christians and Messianic Jews will enjoy the list of scripture readings for Shabbat, festivals, feasts and fasts. There is so much about this Bible that I love!
The Complete Jewish Study Bible is a great Bible for the student of Jewish history in the scriptures and for those who are just learning. I highly recommend it!
Learn more at:
Product Page: http://www.hendrickson.com/content/complete-jewish-study-bible/
I received a free copy of this book to review from CWA Review Crew. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC Regulations. I am part of The CWA Review Crew.